Job Title: Executive Director
Reports to: Board of Directors
Salary: Determined by Board of Directors
Type of position: Full-time
Position Overview- Successfully lead So All May Eat, Inc. to achieve its mission and vision through passion, strategic leadership, and expertise in building community through healthy food access. So All May Eat, Inc. Executive Director, along with the board of directors, is responsible for the organization’s overall vision as well as the fundraising and outreach efforts. The Executive Director thinks and plans strategically and inspires community members to become more engaged in the work of So All May Eat, Inc. The Executive Director implements and develops policies and plans, and organizes, coordinates, and manages the programs and activities. The Executive Director manages a current annual budget of $200,000 and supervises a small staff.
The Executive Director will be thoroughly committed to So All May Eat, Inc. mission. All candidates should have proven leadership and management experience.
Specific requirements include:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Community Development, Non-profit management, or related field required.
• Direct experience in food justice, non-profit management, community development, social services, public health programs or closely related areas, and grants administration required.
• Proven result-oriented track record of exceeding goals; evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; high level of business acumen including successful P&L management; the ability to balance the delivery of programs against the realities of a budget; problem solving, project management, and creative resourcefulness.
• Ability to effectively build organizational and staff capacity, developing a top-notch workforce and the processes that ensure the organization runs smoothly.
• Leadership and Organization: Exceptional capacity for managing and leading people; capacity to enforce accountability; cultivate entrepreneurship and successful empowerment among the team. Ability to lead a coalition of members and stakeholders with diverse programs and constituents.
• Action Oriented: Enjoys working hard and looks for challenges; able to act and react as necessary, even if limited information is available; not afraid to take charge of a situation; can overcome resistance and take unpopular stands when necessary.
• General Management: Thorough understanding of finance, systems, and HR; broad experience with the full range of business functions and systems, including strategic development and planning, budgeting, business analysis, finance, information systems, and marketing. Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
Qualified individuals should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.